Monday, December 3, 2007

Hi. My name is Eric

and I just bought a 2008 Toyota Prius that looks like this:


I have to admit, I hate cars. I hate everything about them. I hate the way they look, smell, sound, taste, feel and I hate the money that's dumped into them and the gas that I have to put in them and the way they are everywhere and and and I just hate them. BUT unfortunately, I have to have one. It's a 30 miles one way drive to the school I'm teaching at, and that's a bit too far to bike. I can and have biked that far, but it comes down to the time involved to do that, which I don't have. So, the 1992 Celica that I had was on it's last legs. Let me put it this way, when I was at the Toyota dealer today, someone walked my the Celica and asked if there was a bomb ticking under the hood--clack clack clack clack. It was a good car, 145,000+ miles on it and with the roof racks I moved mattresses, beds, tables, surfboards, bicycles and pretty much everything I own with it. So, I did it. I bought a new car. And now I am the freaked out owner of a 2008 Toyota Prius. The car is a little scary. The newness. The crazy hybrid technology. The status of having an environmentally friendly car. The car payment. The scary thought that I will become a hybrid car snob the way Mac users are snobs about their computers. Yes, I have a Mac--holy crap....

5 spokes:

eric said...

Quick update after 12ish hours of owning a Prius:

1. My bicycle is so jealous that it slept on the couch last night.

2. The Prius severed me breakfast in bed this morning.

3. I color coordinated my clothes today to match the Prius. The bicycle got even more mad and stormed out the door. Said it was going for a ride alone.

Anonymous said...

i swear, your prius FLIRTED with me yesterday. batted its headlights.

eric said...

I wouldn't doubt it; I woke to some noise late last night and it was sitting on the couch with a girl, bottle of wine and playing my Barry White cd. Prius = playa

T. said...

well...hate to say it, but you just designated yourself as driver to Atlanta. We are so Cruising in this thing.

eric said...

Are you sure about that? We can make it there on one tank of gas. That means 6-7 hours of no smoking in the car, no eating in the car, no drinking in the car, no breathing on the interior, and no looking too hard through the windows. Yes, I know ATL is in April and I will feel the same then as I do now. :)